Bradley Richard Bowles is a 1996 graduate of the University of San Diego and a 1999 graduate of Seattle University School of Law. Mr. Bowles has been with the firm since 1999 and became a partner in 2007. Prior to working at Bowles and Verna, Mr. Bowles was fortunate to have been a congressional intern in Washington, D.C. for the Honorable Amo Houghton of New York. Mr. Bowles is actively involved in the firm's General Personal Injury, Aviation Practices and Business Litigation. He has appeared in front of the majority of the State and Federal Courts in California, as well as having appeared in Federal Court in New York, Kansas, Washington, Connecticut, Tennessee and Texas. Mr. Bowles is a member of the American Bar Association (Section of Science and Technology, Personal Injury and Aviation), the American Trial Lawyers Association, the San Francisco Bar Association, the Barristers Club, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the Contra Costa Bar Association.
- Damaschino et al. v. Tracol Limited et al. Verdict of $2,449,652. Damages of $1,117,937.20 plus interest of $619,184.03. Additional verdict for $25,000 of punitive damages. After the verdict the Court awarded $712,531.48 in attorney’s fees and costs.
- Winter v. Jervis, MD- Verdict of $886,408 against doctor for scarring patients face.
- John and Jane Doe v. Roe Hospital, Doe Doctor’s Group and Doe Doctor. $6,300,000 Medical Malpractice.
- Uno Fratelli v. Citibank-Unanimous jury verdict against Citibank in the amount of $666,639.
- Doe Homeowners v. Roe Homebuilder
$1,600,000 – confidential settlement on behalf of family injured due to long term exposure to mold.
- Johnston v. McCarthy- $500,000 wrongful death settlement for family of minor who overdosed on alcohol.
- Minor v. Homeowner- $600,000 wrongful death settlement for family whose three year old child was mauled to death by a pitbull.
- Dismond v. Nelson
$300,000 - policy limits settlement on behalf of injured motorcyclist.
- Schnoebelen v. Mularky
$270,000 - policy limit settlement on behalf of injured driver.
- In Re: Korea Airlines
$31,500,000 settlement for injuries related to Korean Airline Crash.
- Doe Taxi Driver v. Taxi Company
$2,000,000 - settlement on behalf of injured taxi driver.
- Stark v. Noble
$850,000 - settlement on behalf of injured driver.
- Doe Doctor v. Doe Contractor
$1,300,000 - settlement on behalf of injured motorcyclist.
- Kim v. Claveran
$650,000 - settlement on behalf of injured pedestrian.
- White v. City of Stanislaw
$675,000 - settlement on behalf of driver injured when police car ran a red light.
- Thomas v. Coleman
$300,000 - settlement (policy limits) on behalf of injured boat passenger.
- Air Philippines Crash
$135,000,000 - settlement on behalf of heirs of victims of Air Philippine crash.
- Block v. Helix- represent 180 plaintiffs related to toxic exposure in the Colony Park Neighborhood in Concord, California.
- In re: Air Crash of Nantucket- represents victims of Egypt Air Flight 990.
- Frederiksson v. Sikorsky-represent victims of Helicopter disaster in Finland.
- Sunset Pointe construction defect litigation- represents plaintiffs in construct defect claim against builder.
- Cessna Crashes- represent multiple plaintiffs in claims against Cessna related to crashes.
- Lilburn et al. v. Civic Helicopters et al.-represent victims of helicopter crash.
2010 Super Lawyers- Rising Stars
2011 Super Lawyers- Rising Stars
2012 Super Lawyers- Rising Stars
2013 Super Lawyers- Rising Stars
2012 National Trial Lawyers- Top 40 Attorneys under 40 years old- California
2013 National Trial Lawyers- Top 40 Attorneys under 40 years old- California
2010 Bay Area Outstanding Young Lawyers
2011 Bay Area Outstanding Young Lawyers
Lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Lifetime member of the Multi-Millon Dollar Advocate Forum
Mr. Bowles was born in San Francisco, California and grew up in Lafayette, California. After attending Acalanes High School in Lafayette, Mr. Bowles went to the University of San Diego. While at the University of San Diego, Mr. Bowles played on the Varsity football team and served as the president of the Sigma Pi fraternity. Mr. Bowles is married to the former Tracy Roorda; they have two daughters and an English Bulldog.