A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Can Help You Focus on Recovery
Financial Compensation for Major Spinal Cord Injuries
The severity of spinal cord injuries varies greatly from one injury to the next. The results can range from very mild pain or loss of movement to complete disability. Paraplegia, quadriplegia, loss of motion, and serious herniated disk injuries are some of the more catastrophic results of spinal cord injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered catastrophic spinal cord injuries of this kind as a result of someone else’s negligence or criminal action, you need a legal team with poise and experience to help you get the compensation you deserve after your injuries.
There are many attorneys and law firms that focus on very basic cases, mild injuries and simple litigation scenarios. Our specialty is in major, catastrophic cases involving complex issues.
Law Firm Geared Towards the Serious and Catastrophic Cases
There are many attorneys and law firms that focus on very basic cases, mild injuries and simple litigation scenarios. Our specialty is in major, catastrophic cases involving complex issues. In the context of spinal cord injuries, we focus on clients who have suffered paraplegia, quadriplegia and other life-altering, catastrophic injuries.
We are especially equipped to handle complex spinal cord issues because of our:
- Size: We have 23 attorneys, which means we have the resources to handle the most complex litigation while remaining small enough to provide you with personalized, efficient legal representation.
- Experience: We have been practicing as a firm for more than 25 years, and all of our trial attorneys have at least 10 years of legal experience. In that time, we have handled numerous complex cases involving international airline accidents, major train accidents and toxic torts.
- Proven results: We win million-dollar and multimillion dollar cases for our clients in our practice, with an impressive track record of success with major, complex litigation.
We are fully prepared and equipped to represent you after suffering a debilitating spinal cord injury.
Why Seek Legal Action?
The ramifications of a spinal cord injury are both traumatic and expensive. Victims of such an injury and their families are often left struggling to cope in the wake of such massive changes. In addition to lost wages and potential funeral expenses, you will have to deal with the cost of:
- Hospitalization: A stay in the hospital, particularly when treating injuries as complicated as those affecting the spine, can quickly rack up considerable expenses. Care may range from pain medication and physical therapy to complicated surgeries.
- Medical Care: Even after the initial treatment, most clients suffering from spinal cord injuries need medical care for the rest of their lives.
- At-home caregivers: If the resulting paralysis is severe, many require at-home care from a professional caregiver who can help with basic, daily needs: cleaning the house, cooking, bathing, and so on.
- Rehabilitation: Short or long-term physical therapy is often essential to regaining control over your muscles or simply preventing muscular atrophy.
- Counseling: Both victims and their families often scramble to adjust to the effects of a spinal cord injury. The resulting upsets in their professional, social, and personal lives – not to mention the mental and emotional trauma – can take some time to work through, even with professional help.
While nothing can cure a spinal injury, our attorneys can minimize the toll it takes by securing compensation from those accountable.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
We offer free initial consultations for spinal cord injury sufferers. You can talk to a lawyer free of charge to learn about your legal options. Either call our California office at (925) 935-3300 or e-mail Bowles & Verna LLP.
“With 24 lawyers and a total of 50 employees on our team, we have the resources to do battle with major insurance companies and corporate defendants.” Attorney Michael Verna