Kenneth B. McKenzie is a 1989 graduate of Hastings College of the Law, having received a B.A. degree in Economics from the University of California, Irvine in 1986. After clerking for Bowles & Verna during his last two years of law school, he accepted a full time Associate position in 1989. Mr. McKenzie has been with Bowles & Verna ever since, having become a Partner with the firm in 1998.
Mr. McKenzie’s practice consists almost entirely of litigation, involving issues of premises liability, products liability, construction defects, personal injury, real estate and insurance law. He has tried and arbitrated more than 40 cases. Mr. McKenzie holds memberships in the American Bar Association and the Contra Costa County Bar Association.
- Mr. McKenzie’s recent trial experience includes:
- Together with Richard T. Bowles, obtained a $44 million judgment against a local developer after a four month long trial. This represented the second largest jury verdict in California in 1997. As a result of this verdict, Mr. McKenzie was featured in the March 23, 1998 edition of Law Business.
- A defense verdict in a false arrest/violation of civil rights case. The verdict was obtained after rejecting plaintiff’s $50,000.00 demand.
- A defense verdict in a premises liability matter involving a demand of $20,000.00.
- Non-suit after a week long jury trial in a products liability case involving an allegedly defective tire.
Mr. McKenzie was born on August 15, 1959 in Santa Monica, California. He lived in Southern California until beginning law school in 1986. He attended Huntington Beach High School where he played golf and was active in theater and music. Mr. McKenzie has worked full-time ever since graduating from high school, selling shoes while attending college and during his first year of law school. He is married to Liddy McKenzie and has two wonderful children, Chase and Chelsea.