Bradley R. Bowles
Phone: (925) 935-3300
Bradley R. Bowles is a passionate and committed attorney who is serious about getting the best possible results for his clients. He represents clients in California, focusing on a personal injury, business litigation, aviation practices and general litigation. Mr. Bowles has gained a reputation with his team at Bowles & Verna, LLP, as an attorney who puts his clients’ needs first, aggressively representing them in court when necessary.
After graduating from the University of San Diego in 1996, Mr. Bowles received his Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law in 1999. He gained valuable experience working as a congressional intern in Washington, D.C., for the Honorable Amo Houghton of New York. He has experience litigating in front of most state and federal courts in California, as well as federal courts in New York, Kansas, Washington, Connecticut, Tennessee and Texas.
Mr. Bowles' experience has earned him the respect of his peers. He was recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the top 40 attorneys under 40 in 2012 and 2013, and as a Super Lawyer- Rising stars from 2010-2014. In 2013 Mr. Bowles was honored by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 attorneys in the United States. Additionally, he has received the honor of lifetime memberships with the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum due to the successful results he was able to achieve for injured clients.
When not working, Mr. Bowles enjoys spending time in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area with his wife, two daughters and English bulldog.
- Damaschino et al. v. Tracol Limited et al. Verdict of $2,449,652. Damages of $1,117,937.20 plus interest of $619,184.03. Additional verdict for $25,000 of punitive damages. After the verdict the Court awarded $712,531.48 in attorney’s fees and costs.
- Winter v. Jervis, MD- Verdict of $886,408 against doctor for scarring patients face.
- John and Jane Doe v. Roe Hospital, Doe Doctor’s Group and Doe Doctor. $6,300,000 Medical Malpractice.
- Uno Fratelli v. Citibank-Unanimous jury verdict against Citibank in the amount of $666,639.
- Doe Homeowners v. Roe Homebuilder
$1,600,000 – confidential settlement on behalf of family injured due to long term exposure to mold.
- Johnston v. McCarthy- $500,000 wrongful death settlement for family of minor who overdosed on alcohol.
- Minor v. Homeowner- $600,000 wrongful death settlement for family whose three year old child was mauled to death by a pitbull.
- Dismond v. Nelson
$300,000 - policy limits settlement on behalf of injured motorcyclist.
- Schnoebelen v. Mularky
$270,000 - policy limit settlement on behalf of injured driver.
- In Re: Korea Airlines
$31,500,000 settlement for injuries related to Korean Airline Crash.
- Doe Taxi Driver v. Taxi Company
$2,000,000 - settlement on behalf of injured taxi driver.
- Stark v. Noble
$850,000 - settlement on behalf of injured driver.
- Doe Doctor v. Doe Contractor
$1,300,000 - settlement on behalf of injured motorcyclist.
- Kim v. Claveran
$650,000 - settlement on behalf of injured pedestrian.
- White v. City of Stanislaw
$675,000 - settlement on behalf of driver injured when police car ran a red light.
- Thomas v. Coleman
$300,000 - settlement (policy limits) on behalf of injured boat passenger.
- Air Philippines Crash
$135,000,000 - settlement on behalf of heirs of victims of Air Philippine crash.
- Block v. Helix- represent 180 plaintiffs related to toxic exposure in the Colony Park Neighborhood in Concord, California.
- In re: Air Crash of Nantucket- represents victims of Egypt Air Flight 990.
- Frederiksson v. Sikorsky-represent victims of Helicopter disaster in Finland.
- Sunset Pointe construction defect litigation- represents plaintiffs in construct defect claim against builder.
- Cessna Crashes- represent multiple plaintiffs in claims against Cessna related to crashes.
- Lilburn et al. v. Civic Helicopters et al.-represent victims of helicopter crash.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1999
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 1999
- University of San Diego, San Diego, California
- B.A. - 1996
- Wrongful death of Minor killed by Pitbull
- Wrongful death of Minor due to overdose of alcohol
- Medical Malpractice that led to amputation
- Victim of car accident that led to amputation
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers in the USA, 2013 - 2014
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Lawyers under 40 in California, 2010 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- CAOC, Member, 1999 - Present
- Sigma Pi
- Delta Sigma Pi
Brad Bowles helped me through a personal injury case. He is talented and responsive, knows his way around plus, he knows what works and what doesn't. I was always comfortable dealing with Brad and I was very happy with the results. I have already recommended Brad to others.