Estate Lawyer Bruce C. Paltenghi
Phone: (925) 935-3300
I have been in private practice since 1978; first in my own firm while also General Counsel for an industrial company in Berkeley, CA. I joined a firm in Martinez, CA in 1985; becoming a partner and continued in my diverse practice into early 2014. In April 2014, I joined Bowles & Verna as Of Counsel where I have the opportunity to continue and expand my practice and to provide a home for my clients. I now join a firm with extensive litigation experience to service my clients in many different ways.
My practice has always entailed many areas of law, mostly transactional but also with litigation. I practice in the areas of estate planning and administration (trust and probate), real property issues, business law (agreements, corporate, partnership, nonprofit and LLCs), and have extensively practiced in environmental and industrial issues such as; OSHA, stormwater issues, waste issues, groundwater cleanup, and air pollution. I have represented refineries, foundries, chemical companies, and canning/coating companies in air pollution before the BAAQMD Hearing Board for both variances and abatement actions.
I have represented defendants in a groundwater cleanup case in Livermore of PERC; lead attorney with BAAQMD for installation of the new Coker at Tesoro Refinery; lead attorney defending against over 120 plaintiffs in odor case in Berkeley; defended 2 stormwater runoff cases; represented East Bay Regional Park District in a trust case; former attorney to the Bay Area Training Corporation formerly owned by the five refineries in the Bay Area to provide safety orientation training and drug/alcohol program services to refinery contractor employees. I have represented many individuals and businesses for many legal issues.
Estate Lawyer Bruce C. Paltenghi: Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning: Preparation of Wills (simple, complex and pour-over); Tusts (revocable and irrevocable); Durable Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives; HIPPA forms; Grant Deeds transferring property into a Trust and Change of Ownership forms.
- Trust Administration and Probate: Probate and trust administration; trust and probate litigation.
- Business Law: Preparation of documents regarding the formation and administration of non-profit organizations, corporations, partnerships, and LLCs.
- Environmental Law: Permitting issues involving regulatory agencies; environmental defense litigation; matters regarding OSHA, Proposition 65 defense; odor and abatement action defense, and CERCLA regarding hazardous waste, stormwater and groundwater cleanup issues.
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- San Mateo Law School, San Mateo, California
- J.D. summa cum laude - 1978
- California State University at Fresno, Fresno, California
- B.A. cum laude - 1973
- Major: Biology Pre Med
- Otis McAllister, Inc.
- Appian Associates
- Pinole Medical Development Co.
- East Bay Regional Park District
- James Pezzaglia, Esq.
- John McCorduck
- Jeffrey Higgins
- Royce Nicolaisen
Honors and Awards
- Blue Key National Honor Fraternity
Professional Associations and Memberships
- East Planning Council of Diablo Valley
Past Employment Positions
- Macaulay Foundry, Safety Director/General Counsel, 1975 - 1985
- Gordon, Watrous...Paltenghi, Attorney, 1985 - 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Elder Will Drafting
- Contra Costa Law Library Liaison for CCCBA
- Theta Chi