Daniel J. Zarchy
Phone: (925) 935-3300
As an East Bay native, Daniel returned to his roots and joined Bowles & Verna in 2017. Prior to joining Bowles & Verna, Daniel received his JD from UC Hastings College of the Law in 2015 and served a fellowship at the prestigious law firm Kerr & Wagstaffe in San Francisco, where his work ran the gamut from defamation to a privacy and false advertising class action against some of Silicon Valley’s top tech companies. Daniel also contributed research and editing to the world-renowned Rutter Guide, Civil Procedure Before Trial.
Since joining Bowles & Verna, Daniel has primarily worked in high-stakes business litigation, including international contract disputes. Daniel’s practice also includes businesses and plaintiffs in employment law, products liability, and real estate.
Daniel is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and blogs about data privacy law and the California Consumer Privacy Act at www.CaliforniaDataPrivacy.com, assisting businesses to become compliant with the CCPA and other privacy laws.
- Currently representing a Silicon Valley startup founder in international arbitration against foreign investors.
- Currently representing a local chain of stores in class action employment matter.
- California, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2015
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA
- J.D. cum laude - 2015
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- Major: Global Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Kerr & Wagstaffe LLP, Associate Attorney, 2015
- Contributing Editor, The Rutter Group/Thomson Reuters, 2015