William T. Nagle
Phone: (925) 935-3300
Bill has over 20 years of litigation experience, focusing on business and product liability defense. His practice includes defense of class actions and he has successfully litigated claims in several jurisdictions, including California, New York, Nevada, Florida, Utah, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Illinois, Texas, and Pennsylvania.
Bill has handled commercial litigation disputes, construction litigation, patent infringement and unfair business practice claims and he has represented nursing homes and public entities in a wide range of disputes including employment, inverse condemnation and general liability matters. He provides advice to clients on employment/wage and hour issues, trade secrets, insurance coverage, Proposition 65 and labeling legal compliance including advice on warning labels and product origin labelling laws such as disputes over “Made in the USA” labels.
Bill's practice has expanded in the last 7 years to include representing clients with contract disputes in the Middle East and Asia. He has also handled national and international product recalls on behalf of American and Taiwanese manufacturing companies in many countries throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, and Oceania.
Bill has extensive litigation experience, having tried and arbitrated over 20 cases. He is personally involved in the day-to-day handling of cases, from discovery through trial and appeals. And he has handled collections cases for clients.
Areas of Practice
- 25% Commercial Litigation
- 25% Product Liability
- 20% Construction
- 20% Public Entity
- 10% Real Estate
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2000
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1995
- U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: History
- Englebrick v. Worthington Industries, 944 F.Supp.2d 899 (2013)
- Englebrick v. Worthington Industries, 670 F.Supp.2d 1048 (2009)
- Obtained dismissal of a California class action that involved years of discovery/motion practice, class action certification, class notice and extensive expert analysis.
- Represented a client in complex product liability litigation that involved over two weeks in trial - the case was ultimately dismissed.
- Represented a corporate client in a month long trade secret misappropriation trial that went to verdict.
- Defended several wrongful death product liability cases in New York, Nevada, and California.
- Defended inverse condemnation and personal injury claims stated against a water district.
- Defended nursing care facilities in arbitrations over alleged wrongful termination claims and claims by unions regarding alleged breaches of collective bargaining agreements.
- Available upon request
- Available upon request
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa Bar Association, 1995 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Celebrezze & Wesley, 1997 - 2001
- Delta Kappa Epsilon