William T. Nagle
Phone: (925) 935-3300
Bill has over 20 years of litigation experience, focusing on corporate and product liability defense. His practice includes defense of class actions and he has successfully defended claims in several jurisdictions, including California, New York, Nevada, Florida, Utah, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Illinois, Texas, Pennsylvania and Puerto Rico.
Bill has handled a wide variety of product liability claims, commercial litigation disputes, construction litigation, patent infringement, unfair business practice claims, real estate disputes and ADA liability claims. He has also represented nursing homes and public entities in a wide range of disputes including employment, inverse condemnation and general liability defense matters. He provides advice to clients on employment/wage and hour issues, trade secrets, insurance coverage, Proposition 65, ADA compliance, and labeling legal compliance - including advice on warnings and product origin labeling laws such as “Made in the USA” labels/representations.
Bill's practice has expanded in the last 7 years to include representing clients with contract disputes in the Middle East and Asia. He has also handled national and international product recalls on behalf of American and Taiwanese manufacturing companies in many different countries throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia and Oceania.
Bill has extensive litigation experience, having tried and arbitrated over 25 cases. He is personally involved in the day-to-day handling of cases, from discovery through trial and appeals. Representative cases include:
- Obtained dismissal of a California class action that involved years of discovery/motion practice, class action certification, class notice, and extensive expert retention/analysis.
- Represented a defendant in complex product liability litigation that involved over two weeks in trial - the case was ultimately dismissed.
- Represented a corporate client in a month-long trade secret misappropriation trial that went to verdict.
- Defended several wrongful death product liability cases in New York, Nevada and California.
- Defended inverse condemnation and personal injury claims stated against a water district.
- Defended nursing care facilities in binding arbitrations over alleged wrongful termination claims and claims by unions regarding alleged breaches of collective bargaining agreements.
Areas of Practice
- 20% Commercial/Employment
- 50% Product Liability
- 20% Construction/Real Estate
- 10% Public Entity/Collections
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2000
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1995
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
- U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - With Honors
- Karpio v. Bernzomatic, 2015 WL 1808605 (W.D.N.Y. 2015)
- Englebrick v. Worthington Industries, 944 F.Supp.2d 899 (C.D. Cal. 2013)
- Johnson v. City of Vallejo, 99 F.Supp.3d 1212 (E.D. Cal. 2015)
- Pratt v. Cavagna N. Am., Inc., 2013 WL 6146075 (C.D. Utah 2013)
- Available upon request
- Available upon request
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa Bar Association
- Propane Gas Defense Association
- American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Celebrezze & Wesley, 1997 - 2001
- Delta Kappa Epsilon at U.C. Berkeley