While Bowles & Verna has a rich history of commercial and corporate litigation, it also has a team of attorneys dedicated to representing accident victims throughout the United States and around the world. This team is led by Michael Verna, Bradley Bowles and Jonathan Lee who work on a variety of cases ranging from international aviation disasters, mass toxic torts, motor vehicle accidents, and other catastrophic injuries. This team has obtained many multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients.
For more than 30 years, Bowles & Verna attorneys have provided legal representation for victims and families suffering from severe injury or wrongful death. Our attorneys understand every aspect of these life-altering circumstances and offer compassionate advice and tangible help.
Accident Team Leaders
Click here for Hunters Point Shipyard Victims
- Catastrophic Injury
- Aviation Accidents
- Personal Injuries
- Toxic Torts
Past Verdicts and Settlements
Some of our firm's impressive verdicts and settlements include:
- Block v. Helix- represent 180 plaintiffs related to toxic exposure in the Colony Park Neighborhood in Concord, California.
- Air Philippines Flight 541 Crash — Represented families of 42 decedents on board Boeing 737 which crashed on approach to Davao City Airport in Mindinao, Philippines. Litigated case in Cook County, Illinois for eight years and established new law on liability of U.S. based aircraft lessors for overseas accidents. On eve of trial, cases settled for record amounts, totalling $63 million for our clients and $165 million for all passenger families.
- Korean Air Flight 801 Crash — Represented severely injured passengers aboard a Korean Air Boeing 747 which crashed on approach to Guam Airport en route from Korea. Claim asserted against U.S. Federal Aviation Administration for air traffic control errors. Litigated in Central District Court of California (Los Angeles). As a result of the case, new ATC procedures have been implemented to improve air safety. Clients awarded record amounts, totalling $36 million.
- Helios Airways Flight 522 Crash — Crash of Boeing 737 due to cabin de-pressurization en route from Cyprus to Prague via Athens. Hotly contested issues related to cause of depressurization and responsibility therefore. Initially litigated in Chicago, IL (headquarters of Boeing). Significant legal issues of forum non conveniens, choice of damages law (i.e. Greek, Cypriot, American), and application of international air carrier treaties. Resolved for record amounts under Greek law, which are confidential.
- Damaschino et al. v. Tracol Limited et al. Verdict of $2,449,652. Damages of $1,117,937.20 plus interest of $619,184.03. Additional verdict for $25,000 of punitive damages. After the verdict the Court awarded $712,531.48 in attorney’s fees and costs.
- Dismond v. Nelson - $300,000 - policy limits settlement on behalf of injured motorcyclist.
- Winter v. Jervis, MD - Verdict of $886,408 against doctor for scarring patients face.
- John and Jane Doe v. Roe Hospital, Doe Doctor’s Group and Doe Doctor. $6,300,000 Medical Malpractice.