Personal Injury and Hospital Fees
By Michael Verna on June 20, 2018
When you suffer an injury, the consequences can be devastating, not only physically and emotionally, but also financially. Victims in personal injury cases often require medical care, which results in hospital fees and other medical expenses. Depending on the severity and duration of the injury, these bills can become expensive. The problem is exacerbated if you are uninsured or underinsured.
That is why, if you were injured, you need the help of an expert personal injury lawyer. The professional trial lawyers at Bowles & Verna can represent those in San Francisco, CA and throughout the Bay Area.
An Overview of Hospital Liens
Suppose you are injured in an accident and wind up in the hospital. Hospital lien claims, claiming a right to a payment, can arise if you received emergency care following the accident but:
- You did not have insurance to pay for the treatment
- Your insurance only covered part of the bill
- The hospital became aware of a third party’s responsibility and did not submit the bill to your insurer
Hospital liens can be problematic for a variety of reasons:
- The charges are beyond what any insurer will pay
- The hospital may refuse to bill your insurance company and instead bill you
- An unsettled hospital lien can hold up you receiving a settlement check from the responsible party
Hospital liens are tricky matters, so you need the expertise of a personal injury attorney well-versed in navigating such situations. At Bowles & Verna, we can help protect your settlement against a hospital lien, and help you obtain damages to cover the cost of hospital fees and other medical care.
Types of Cases We Handle
Hospital bills can accrue as a result of treatment for a variety of injuries. At Bowles & Verna, we handle cases including:
- Catastrophic Accidents: We have a long list of successful verdicts in catastrophic accident cases such as spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, brain injuries, and wrongful death.
- Aviation Accidents: Few firms, not just in the Bay Area but nationally and even internationally, have the experience and track record of success we possess in aviation accident cases. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements over 20-plus years for victims and their family members. From helicopter accidents to domestic airline accidents and everything in between, we are your go-to aviation accident attorneys.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Tens of thousands of Americans die each year in auto accidents, and many others suffer serious, lasting injuries. We represent the victims and their families in these cases, and have done so expertly for more than a quarter century.
Rely on a Personal Injury Attorney
If you or someone you love suffered a serious injury or death in any type of accident, you owe it to yourself to call Bowles & Verna. Hospital bills can be costly. Leave it to the professionals with more than three decades of experience helping victims get back on their feet financially. Call (925) 259-3933 or contact us online today.