Seek Counsel From a Bodily Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic accident can turn your life upside down and cause pain, disability, and financial loss. It can be stressful and overwhelming to cope with the long-term effects of serious bodily injury, which is why many victims seek the help of an experienced injury lawyer. At Bowles & Verna in Walnut Creek, CA, our attorneys have secured substantial compensation awards for many struggling Bay Area victims and families. If you or a loved one has been severely injured, we can offer you compassionate counsel and expert legal representation.
About Serious Bodily Injury
Unless you have experienced a devastating accident, it can be difficult to imagine the degree of upheaval that can occur. Your world can quickly disintegrate into pain, medical appointments, disability, loss of income, and more. It affects the whole family, and depending upon the degree of injury, life-altering repercussions can linger indefinitely.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Head trauma can cause cognitive deficits that impact the victim’s ability to work and even manage self-care. This injury is one of the most difficult to deal with, since the victim may not fully understand the impairment, and there may be personality changes.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Any serious spinal cord injury will bring some degree of pain and dysfunction, but the most severe cases cause paralysis. Patients may lose sensation and function from the waist down (paraplegia) or suffer full quadriplegia, requiring many types of accommodations. Some families are forced to remodel their home or even move to accommodate this injury.
- Serious Burns – Third degree burns need repeated medical intervention and are among the most painful types of injuries. Some victims are left permanently scarred or disfigured, which brings increased emotional pain.
- Loss of Vision – Accidents can injure the eyes or brain to the degree that partial or full blindness is experienced. The victim must learn a new way of navigating and in many cases, must change his or her profession and lifestyle.
- Loss of Limb or Multiple Bone Fractures – The amputation of an arm or leg may mean learning new methods to maintain mobility, gainful employment, and self-care. There may be need for a prosthesis or wheelchair. Some victims of multiple bone fractures are unable to return to former activities, with limitations on mobility and function sometimes proving permanent.
Compensation for Injuries
If negligence is involved in an accident that has left you or a loved one impaired, our civil laws can help ensure you receive fair compensation. Damages can include economic costs, pain and suffering, anticipated future losses, and sometimes punitive damages.
With extensive time spent in the courtroom, we understand the value of a well prepared case. Thorough trial preparation for every case brings more substantial settlements as well as jury awards.
Some victims are unsure about the issue of blame or liability. It is best to speak to an attorney before you talk to insurance adjusters, if possible. Our attorneys have spent decades in the practice of law, and have done both plaintiff and defense work. We are familiar with insurance tactics, and know how to place liability where it belongs.
With plenty of time spent in the courtroom, we understand the value of a well prepared case. Thorough trial preparation for every case brings more substantial settlements as well as jury awards.