A bodily injury caused by an accident can cause immense pain, permanent disability, and devastating financial losses.
By hiring an injury lawyer, you can ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated for your losses so that you can focus on recovering.
Why should you hire Bowles & Verna LLP if you suffered bodily injury due to the fault of another party?
About Serious Bodily Injury
At Bowles & Verna in Walnut Creek, CA, our attorneys have secured substantial compensation awards for many struggling Bay Area victims and families. If you or a loved one has been severely injured, we can offer you compassionate counsel and expert legal representation.
Our attorneys focus on representing victims of catastrophic injury, and have helped many achieve multi-million dollar settlements.
A serious injury can be caused by a variety of accidents, including but not limited to:
- Automobile accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Workplace accidents
Unless you have experienced a devastating accident, it can be difficult to imagine the degree of upheaval that can occur. Your world can quickly disintegrate into pain, medical appointments, disability, loss of income, and more. It affects the whole family, and depending upon the degree of injury, life-altering repercussions can linger indefinitely.
Long-Term Effects & Types of Injuries
A serious injury can result in long-term repercussions, including:
- Initial medical costs of treating the injuries
- Lost wages while this medical care is taking place
- Long-term psychological trauma
- Diminished quality of life, especially if the disfigurement includes the loss of limb
- Physical pain and suffering, especially if the scarring was caused by extreme burn injuries, which are often accompanied by residual pain and suffering
We understand the obstacles that can be presented when not only trying to personally heal from a catastrophic injury but to also deal with insurance companies and mounting expenses. We always approach our personal injury cases with compassion and will handle your claim with integrity.
Some of the more common bodily injuries seen in our law office include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Head trauma can cause cognitive deficits that impact the victim’s ability to work and even manage self-care. This injury is one of the most difficult to deal with, since the victim may not fully understand the impairment, and there may be personality changes.
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Any serious spinal cord injury will bring some degree of pain and dysfunction, but the most severe cases cause paralysis. Patients may lose sensation and function from the waist down (paraplegia) or suffer full quadriplegia, requiring many types of accommodations. Some families are forced to remodel their home or even move to accommodate this injury.
- Serious Burns
- Third degree burns need repeated medical intervention and are among the most painful types of injuries. Some victims are left permanently scarred or disfigured, which brings increased emotional pain.
- Loss of Vision
- Accidents can injure the eyes or brain to the degree that partial or full blindness is experienced. The victim must learn a new way of navigating and in many cases, must change his or her profession and lifestyle.
- Loss of Limb
- The amputation of an arm or leg may mean learning new methods to maintain mobility, gainful employment, and self-care. There may be need for a prosthesis or wheelchair.
- Bone Fractures
- Broken bones are often much more serious than many people think, with injuries involving crushed bones being considered among the most severe. However, even just a compound break or single break in a weight-bearing joint can lead to paralysis or other serious lifelong complications. Other kinds of bone breaks can result in extensive and debilitating pain that can seriously impact your quality of life.
Compensation for Injuries
If negligence is involved in an accident that has left you or a loved one impaired, our civil laws can help ensure you receive fair compensation. Damages can include economic costs, pain and suffering, anticipated future losses, and sometimes punitive damages.
With extensive time spent in the courtroom, we understand the value of a well prepared case. Thorough trial preparation for every case brings more substantial settlements as well as jury awards.
Some victims are unsure about the issue of blame or liability. It is best to speak to an attorney before you talk to insurance adjusters, if possible.
Why Hire a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
While you focus on recovery, we can dedicate ourselves to the legal aspects of your trauma. Our team has access to substantial resources and can efficiently gather important information that can be used in your case such as:
- Medical bills
- Accident reports
- Witness statements
- Medical records
As an established law firm, we have been able to provide our clients with strong representation both in negotiations and in the courtroom.
Our Firm's Approach
Lawyers from our firm are well-respected for our track record of successful verdicts and settlements won for our clients. Although we are relentless in pursuing full and fair compensation for our clients, we are also efficient. We look to help our clients obtain the compensation they need and move on with their lives as soon as possible.
Although we are relentless in pursuing full and fair compensation for our clients, we are also efficient.
It is important to note that at Bowles & Verna LLP, we do not take anything less than catastrophic injury claims. As a legal team with decades of experience and a large staff, we focus our personal injury practice solely on the extreme and catastrophic claims. This has allowed us to build a hyperfocused skill set that works to the advantage of our clients.
Contact a Firm
Bowles & Verna LLP
At Bowles & Verna LLP, our attorneys are experienced trial lawyers who are focused on getting you every cent possible. Our proven results reflect our track record of success.
We are affiliated with various organizations, including the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the National Board of Trial Advocacy, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and many more. Schedule your free consultation today by requesting an appointment online or calling us at (925) 935-3300.