While some spinal cord injuries are mild, they often lead to partial or complete disability. This life-changing injury can be emotionally devastating, physically painful, and financially overwhelming.
At Bowles & Verna LLP, serving clients in San Francisco and Walnut Creek, CA, our spinal cord injury lawyers will focus on obtaining full compensation on your behalf while you focus on healing.
How will the severity of my spinal cord injury determine my next steps?
The severity of spinal cord injuries varies greatly from one injury to the next. Paraplegia, quadriplegia, loss of motion, and serious herniated disk injuries are some of the more catastrophic results of spinal cord injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered catastrophic spinal cord injuries of this kind as a result of someone else’s negligence or criminal action, you need a legal team with poise and experience to help you get the compensation you deserve after your injuries.
There are many attorneys and law firms that focus on very basic cases, mild injuries and simple litigation scenarios. Our specialty is in major, catastrophic cases involving complex issues.
Paralysis: Causes & Effects
As a victim of a serious accident that results in quadriplegia or paraplegia, your life will never be the same. In addition to the significant costs of medical expenses and lost wages that result from this type of injury, there is also the very real emotional trauma that paraplegia and quadriplegia victims face, as well as the emotional trauma resulting from this type of injury. Taken together, these challenges can be catastrophic for people who have suffered paraplegia and quadriplegia.
Paralysis often results from spinal injuries that are commonly caused by:
If the negligence of an individual or business resulted in your accident, the appropriate party should be held responsible for the impact your injury has had on your lifestyle and independence.
Quadriplegia and Paraplegia
These are among the most serious injuries a person can suffer. In addition to the obvious loss of movement in your arms, legs or both, paraplegia and quadriplegia victims also suffer from extreme pain, loss of feeling, sexual performance issues and shorter life spans.
Why Seek Legal Action?
The ramifications of a spinal cord injury are both traumatic and expensive. Victims of such an injury and their families are often left struggling to cope in the wake of such massive changes. In addition to lost wages and potential funeral expenses, you will have to deal with the cost of:
- Hospitalization: A stay in the hospital, particularly when treating injuries as complicated as those affecting the spine, can quickly rack up considerable expenses. Care may range from pain medication and physical therapy to complicated surgeries.
- Medical Care: Even after the initial treatment, most clients suffering from spinal cord injuries need medical care for the rest of their lives.
- At-home caregivers: If the resulting paralysis is severe, many require at-home care from a professional caregiver who can help with basic, daily needs: cleaning the house, cooking, bathing, and so on.
- Rehabilitation: Short or long-term physical therapy is often essential to regaining control over your muscles or simply preventing muscular atrophy.
- Counseling: Both victims and their families often scramble to adjust to the effects of a spinal cord injury. The resulting upsets in their professional, social, and personal lives – not to mention the mental and emotional trauma – can take some time to work through, even with professional help.
While nothing can cure a spinal injury, our attorneys can minimize the toll it takes by securing compensation from those accountable.
A Law Firm Focusing on Catastrophic Cases
There are many attorneys and law firms that focus on very basic cases, mild injuries and simple litigation scenarios. Our specialty is in major, catastrophic cases involving complex issues. In the context of spinal cord injuries, we focus on clients who have suffered paraplegia, quadriplegia and other life-altering, catastrophic injuries.
We combine a compassionate demeanor and a relentless dedication to achieving a fair outcome.
We are especially equipped to handle complex spinal cord issues because of our:
- Size: We have 23 attorneys, which means we have the resources to handle the most complex litigation while remaining small enough to provide you with personalized, efficient legal representation.
- Experience: We have been practicing as a firm for more than 25 years, and all of our trial attorneys have at least 10 years of legal experience. In that time, we have handled numerous complex cases involving international airline accidents, major train accidents and toxic torts.
- Proven results: We win million-dollar and multimillion dollar cases for our clients in our practice, with an impressive track record of success with major, complex litigation.
We are fully prepared and equipped to represent you after suffering a debilitating spinal cord injury.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
We offer free initial consultations for spinal cord injury sufferers. You can talk to a lawyer free of charge to learn about your legal options. Either call our California office at (925) 935-3300 or e-mail Bowles & Verna LLP.