If you have been in a serious car accident, you may have suffered catastrophic injuries or lost a loved one due to another driver's choice to drive dangerously.
At Bowles & Verna LLP, we firmly believe negligent drivers should be held accountable. Our car accident lawyers are fully equipped to help you obtain the compensation needed to address the aftermath of your accident.
Do not hesitate to seek justice...
What to Do After an Auto Accident
Most people experience at most one major car accident in the course of a lifetime, but most people are not prepared when that accident comes. There are a few basic things you should know after a car accident:
- Seek medical help, including repeat doctor visits: Even if you do not feel like you have been seriously injured, there are many brain injuries and spinal cord injuries that stay latent for a length of time before a victim will feel any pain. You could lose your chance for higher recovery without overly mild diagnosis from a doctor.
- Do not say anything to the other driver or the insurance companies: Insurance companies are in a position where they will lose money by paying out on major claims, so they are always looking for a legitimate reason to avoid paying these claims. The more you say to the insurance company, especially right after an injury, the more likely you are to say the wrong thing and hinder your chances to collect the personal injury award that you truly deserve.
- Call a traffic accident attorney: Get the advice and counsel you need from an experienced personal injury attorney.
Distracted Driving & Its Catastrophic Effects
Just a few decades ago, there was little talk about the dangers of distracted driving, mainly because of the rarity of cell phone use. But today, countless numbers of drivers choose to multitask behind the wheel by using a cell phone or texting while driving. And study after study shows the risks of such behavior.
The law firm of Bowles & Verna LLP in California represents individuals who have been injured in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, and family members who have lost a loved one in a fatal vehicle accident.
Representing Victims of Distracted Driving Accidents
Examples of distracted driving include:
- Talking on a cell phone while driving
- Texting while driving
- Using a smartphone while driving
- Using another handheld device while driving, such as a GPS
- Adjusting the radio
- Picking up a dropped item
Our firm's attorneys have been helping victims of distracted driving accidents for more than 25 years. We have secured several million-dollar and multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of accident victims and their families in fatal accident cases. If a distracted driver has caused your accident, we will explain your legal options and help you pursue the maximum compensation possible for all damages.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has just suffered major injuries in an automobile highway accident, you can talk to one of our lawyers free of charge to learn more about your rights and options. To contact Bowles & Verna LLP, e-mail our law firm.