In Complex Litigation And Transactions
William T. Nagle
- Commercial/Employment 20%
- Product Liability 50%
- Construction/Real Estate 20%
- Public Entity/Collections 10%
In 2014, Bill was in trial for a month in January. In 2013, he was in trial for over 1 month. Bill was part of a trial team that successfully obtained a dismissal of alleged product liability claims stated against a U.S. compressed gas cylinder manufacturer. The case involved extensive discovery for 3 years, including over 75 depositions and a wide array of motions - leading to two published decisions. Due to our persistence in challenging plaintiffs' claims, we obtained substantial admissions that supported a dismissal based on perjury. This victory was significant given the millions in alleged damages sought by the claimants. Our office will handle the 9th Circuit Appeal as well.
Throughout 2013 and in 2014, Bill handled and continues to handle the defense of several different alleged manufacturing defect claims in various jurisdictions including California, New York, Utah, Louisiana and Colorado. Bill has been admitted on a pro hac vice basis to practice in jurisdictions outside California. He has a wide array of experience litigating disputes in Federal and State Courts. In 2013-2014, Bill represented clients with contract disputes and international interests in Afghanistan and Taiwan.
Bill also handled national and international consumer product recalls on behalf of American and Taiwanese manufacturing companies in countries including the U.S., UK, Argentina, Brazil, Singapore, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Bill's practice runs in courts throughout California and includes the defense of public entities on tort claims, the defense of contractors in construction defect/contract disputes, the defense of unfair business practices claims, including class actions and representation of clients on a wide variety of real estate, commercial contract and corporate disputes.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1995
- U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: History
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2000
- Contra Costa Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- Propane Gas Defense Association
- American Bar Association
- Englebrick v. Worthington Industries, 944 F.Supp.2d 899, 2013
- Englebrick v. Worthington Industries, 670 F.Supp.2d 1048, 2009
- Karpio v. Bernzomatic, 2015 WL 1808605 (W.D.N.Y. 2015)
- Johnson v. City of Vallejo, 99 F.Supp.3d 1212 (E.D. Cal. 2015)
- Pratt v. Cavagna N. Am., Inc., 2013 WL 6146075 (C.D. Utah 2013)
- Available upon request
- Available upon request
- Celebrezze & Wesley, 1997 to 2001
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Kappa Epsilon